Have you heard about Tony Petrello? While he may not be as well known as some big mouth politicians, he is one of the most important people on the American landscape. That he was recently included as one of the top paid Chief Executive Officers in the country is just part of the story. The rest of the story is that he is the head of the largest oil and natural gas drilling firm. Everyone in the United States is reliant on oil and gas to do everything in our daily lives. Tony Petrello is different than all of the other big shot CEOs. Tony Petrello maintains a code of honesty and modesty. He was not born to a life of luxury, and he knows what it is like to live in a poor middle class family. He knows what it is like for the average American, unlike other big CEOs who inherited riches from their parents.
Tony Petrello grew up in Newark. There, he inherited the qualities that he is known for. In Newark, everyone is hard working. Nobody tolerates people who just sit around and do nothing. There is a strong work ethic that promotes hard work. In addition, in Newark, nobody tolerates people who lie. Everyone is honest and modest. To know more click Here.
As soon as Tony Petrello learned how to read, he started studying textbooks for hours every day. He soon turned into a math whiz. His family worked hard. His dad worked hard to put food on the table so that his son could study. Tony knew that, and he made sure to excel in his studies. Tony did all that he could so that he would be accepted at a good university. He used whatever resources the public school had. Eventually, he was awarded a scholarship at Yale University.
Tony Petrello eventually became the CEO of Nabors Industries. He is also the Chairman of the Board and the Chief Executive Officer. Tony Petrello graduated from Yale University and Harvard. He has a JD from Harvard Law School. He has an MS and a BS in Mathematics from Yale University.
He is @ linkedin.com
Jeffry Schneider lives in Austin, Texas. He is an experienced businessman, and he is the founder of an emerging investment firm in Texas. Jeffry Schneider has been involved in various amazing activities apart from his job. For instance, he acts as a mentor to over fifty employees who work in his firm. In all essence, Jeffry Schneider has shown the world that, for you to be a leader, you need to serve others and not having to wait for others to serve you. In this article, we will be looking at what it means to be a leader. We hope that everyone can borrow a leaf from this man and become a great leader out there!
Qualities of a great leader
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills– For you to be a great leader, you need to have excellent communication and people skills. Remember that, you are the boss of your organization or workplace. In other words, all the operations in the firm depend on how good you give orders, explain situations and communicate to your staff, suppliers, and visitors. Ensure that you can communicate clearly and with confidence such that people listen, understand, and respect you. Also, in your communication, try to connect to the masses rather than just talking and giving orders.
- Creativity and decision-making skills– When you are a leader or the boss, you need to make some tough decisions from time to time. Some of these decisions might require considerable creativity and skills. You will also be expected to come up with solutions to stressful situations from time to time. If you are not creative, you might experience difficulties trying to make any sound decisions for your firm or institution.
- Must be responsible– When you are a leader, you are expected to show high levels of responsibility. Bear in mind that you’re not only in charge of your staff, but also the head of all operations carried out in the firm. It is, therefore, imperative that you be responsible and lead by example. Research has shown that employees are likely to respect and listen to a leader who is accountable for their actions. If you keep on blaming others, then chances of success are limited. Sometimes all you need to do is to own up and identify better ways to improve on mistakes.
- Flexibility– When you are a leader, you must be flexible and be ready to implement change. Changes are happening each day, and it is, therefore, essential that you be prepared to accept and accommodate these changes. For instance, technology is taking the better part of how business is being done nowadays. More people are coming online to find clients and to generate leads. Being rigid might cost your business sales and efficient working processes that are evolving.
- Promotes growth– Any great leader must have a goal. A leader is expected to not only grow his firm but also improve the lives of his employees. Most leaders make a mistake of forgetting that their employees are also people who need to take care of their own lives, families and meet other needs. It pays more to try and mentor or inspire your staff. Research has shown that, if your employees feel loved and appreciated, they end up being more supportive and productive.
- Listening skills– If you want to be a great leader, you must also learn to listen and learn from others. Remember that, no one has the monopoly of information and you might be surprised to learn from your employees or people around you. Always be open to advise, feedback, and suggestions. Let your employees feel like they’re part of your company.
A Final Thought:
Jeffry Schneider is a great leader to be emulated by everyone. He understands that, for him to lead others, he must be ready to learn, listen and motivate others. He also understands the importance of not only developing his firm but also empowering and inspiring his employees. In him, we see someone who is ready to serve others, regardless of their social class or status. Indeed, great leaders will always stand out from the crowd!